Preventing Shaken Infant Syndrome
Since 2006, our Preventing Shaken Infant Syndrome workshop has been presented to over 3,700 adults and teenagers in schools, at parent meetings, at expectant parents meetings, etc. The workshop is conducted on site, at your convenience, and at no cost to you.
- Did you know that 1/3 of infants and young children who are shaken die from their injuries?
- Did you know that 1/3 are severely injured (i.e. mental retardation, blindness, hearing loss, etc.)?
- Did you know that Shaken Infant Syndrome is the leading cause of death in abusive head trauma cases in infants and young children?
- Do you know why parents and caregivers shake babies?
- Do you know how to stop them?
Prevent Child Abuse Lake County can help answer these questions through our interactive workshop. It is both interesting and enjoyable and will teach participants how to deal with crying babies, as well as ways to handle stress themselves.
For more information or to arrange a workshop date and time, call (219) 938-6366.